Wednesday, August 25, 2010

The Big Switch...

                       match

Ok, so, I did it. I cancelled eHarmony and switched to Match.com...or as I like to call it, the Meat Market. I guess it hasn't been so bad, but I've only been on it for like 2 days, and my profile has only been viewed 274 times. (HA! I'm so not kidding.) I like that you can browse profiles on Match, but I wish that I could specify what kinds of men could locate my profile in their browsing. By this I mean, I can't specify that my profile be excluded from the searches of men who are 50+. Nor can I stop them from attempting to contact me. Even though I say in my profile that I'm seeking men ages 29-38, anyone can set their search criteria to anything they want.

And by the way, there's apparently no need for me to do any browsing. I just sit back and let them come to me. Yeah, tell me it's not a meat market! Eeeks.

So, when I get "winked at" by men who are 54, or even 60, I just find that weird. Here's the thing, if you are closer to my mom's age (or older) than my own, then it's a little creepy for me. (No wait, it's actually really strange and kind of pervy.) That means my real top age limit is 40. On the low end, anyone under 28-29-ish is most likely simply in a different lifespace than I am. There becomes a fundamental difference in maturity. Annnnnd, again, I don't want to date people who I liken to my younger brothers.

So my Match profile pretty much lays it all out there, and says exactly what I want, followed by exactly what I don't want.

Now, we wait. I've been in contact with a couple Match guys who seem pretty decent and relatively genuine, so we'll see what happens. (Got one on the hook...soooo cute in his pictures...hopefully they are an accurate representation.) I also have two stragglers from eHarmony who might have some potential. Now I just have to secure some dates and give you something worth reading...

Stay tuned!

1 comment: