Monday, August 16, 2010

Reds Game Characters & Banker #2 Pre-Date Evaluation

Unfortunately, my weekend was relatively uneventful...for the most part. I went to the Reds game on Friday night, which was fun but miserably hot. My cute-but-baseball-game-appropriate outfit went from just that to sweating-through-my-shirt-and-sticking-to-the-seat in no time. But our seats on the third base line out in left field provided us an interesting view of two things: Dirty Santa and Laynce Nix. No relation there, in case you were wondering.

DIRTY SANTA. What is there to say about Dirty Santa, really? We first encountered this presumably off-his-rocker character on our way into the stadium. I do wish I had been thinking about something other than the ungodly heat, so as to take a photo. He was standing there with a sign, shouting incoherently at the crowd entering Great American, wearing the top half of a Santa outfit, shorts, and sneakers. Luckily, he was just a section or so over from us in the ballpark, pretty much doing this the entire game:

DirtySanta

No further questions, your honor.

LAYNCE NIX is the smokin' hot Reds left fielder who has garnered the love and attention of many a Cincinnati lady. I can't say I disagree.

layncenix

While my attempt to woo him to the sideline to sign my brother's baseball hat failed horribly (I decided flashing him might get me thrown out of the game or arrested...), I did manage to make solid eye-contact, followed by a small wave and the move that I can only describe as the "chin nod." Guys, you know the one. I guess leaning over the wall to the point of practically falling on to the warning track and waving like a maniac did the trick. He waved back. Score one for me on my quest to have Laynce Nix as my very own.

If anyone knows Laynce, please feel free to deliver to him my phone number, street address, blog website, Facebook page, Twitter account...Ahem.

Tonight...The Dating Experiment continues with Banker #2. He suggested we visit a local wine bar that has (1) Not been very busy even on weekends, and therefore (2) Probably won't be very busy on a Monday night. I do like wine, but I offered an alternative that might have a somewhat more lively atmosphere, and he said, "I'll meet you out front at 7:30." He clearly doesn't read my blog and is unaware that I need to be securely planted at the bar well ahead of his arrival. I politely told him I'd probably already be at the bar, and he answered, "You just used your last veto." VETO? No sir, that was an absolute to which there are no alternatives. I'll. Be. At. The. Bar.

He's not earning any pre-date bonus points, that's for sure...

5 comments:

  1. Blogger, you are turning into Blue-era Joni Mitchell: "If you want me, I'll be at the bar..."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go to the bar anyways. Wait, you're probably at the bar. :( I'd say I'm expecting a text update as soon as you get home but you might already be fuming at that point. Plus I know I'll read abut it later. He sounds mean, I'd say "Go away."

    And "last veto"? Wth is a "last veto"? Who says that?

    Good luck, Love. Keep me posted.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Drop this bozo and go for Laynce. Get tickets to the rest of the Reds games this season sitting as close to left field as you can, wear your best push up bra and invest in a pink baseball glove. Is there a meet-n-greet after the games? Somewhere the fans can go to meet the players, shake their hand, drop their phone numbers, etc?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant idea D! I might just have to try that...

    ReplyDelete